Perhaps All is Not Lost


I am still dealing with the grief of unintentionally poisoning my own garden. We are making plans to convert the garden to a demonstration grass garden, with the hope of harvesting viable seeds to sow back into the prairie. The grasses should not be affected by the herbicide. 

When we returned from our trip to Lake Tahoe to lead a retreat on Experiencing Resurrection Through Nature, we found a few things flourishing a bit in the garden. I harvested some kale, Crawford lettuce, green onions, and a little bowl of blackberries. So perhaps all is not lost. 

I did a biological assay on the soil in the garden and soil with our own homegrown compost. The difference is remarkable.

We will begin again. It's not too late to plant some summer vegetables, I think. Perhaps we will buy a few tomato plants from a nursery. We're very thankful for the lovely showers.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

East of Eden

Mrs. Goodkind's Advice

Shades of Green