It's Harvest Time

The garden is looking really good. It's a daily job to keep up with the harvest. I've been sharing some with neighbors and with the San Antonio Mennonite Church "Market" on Saturday afternoons. If you are local, I would love to share some of the produce with you. Here's what I harvested this morning.
 This is our first sweet corn.

 We have a lot of scalloped squash and yellow squash.
 There is also a variety of small tomatoes. The big ones are not ready yet.
 I pick a basket full of green beans almost every morning.
 The zinnias and marigold are beautiful and plentiful.

Yesterday we harvested the last of the potatoes. We had a few that had sprouted, so I think I will be planting them to see if I can make potatoes in the summer. The okra is just coming on, and we will soon have melons and cucumbers.


Comments

  1. Melinda, this harvest for a day looks amazing! Everything is so healthy and the zinnia arrangement is lovely. Congratulations on a masterpiece of a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda, beautiful harvest. Congratulations! Your baskets are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

East of Eden

Mrs. Goodkind's Advice

Shades of Green